1. Do you get sick while reading in the car?
No I usually don’t. Although, I don’t get a lot of reading done in the car because sometimes it causes me to have migraines.
2. Which author’s writing style is completely unique to you and why?
I find Jandy Nelson a really unique writing style. It’s very poetic and beautiful and I really love It. I’ve only read one book by her, but I would love to read more.
3. Harry Potter Series or the Twilight Saga? Give 3 points to defend your answer.
- Harry Potter love stories are better
- It has an actual plot
- Better developed characters
4. Do you carry a book bag? If so, what is it in (besides books…)?
I just carry a binder, folders for my classes, a period kit, and a pencil pouch.
5. Do you smell your books?
If It’s a new book I’ll definitely smell it. Although, used or from the library sometimes smells funky so I don’t smell it.
6. Books with or without little illustrations?
7. What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn’t quality writing? (Ex. I read Twilight before I read HP and thought the writing was amazing but read HP and now think Twilight is a little bit of a joke.)
All of the Dork Diary books. I read all of those books before I read Harry Potter and I thought It was the best book ever. But then I read Harry Potter and I realized it wasn’t the best writing.
8. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!
I didn’t get into reading until after childhood, so unfortunately I don’t have any funny stories.
9. What is the thinnest book on your shelf?
Love That Dog by Sharon Creech.
10. What is the thickest book on your shelf?
It’s probably in between Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix and City of Heavenly Fire.
11. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?
I am a huge poetry person but I don’t think that I will be an author because I’m not very consistent and I don’t (at this time) see It In my future.
12. When did you get into reading?
I don’t have a super interesting story to this. I just decided to pick up Harry Potter when I was in middle school, and then I haven’t stopped reading since.
13. What is your favorite classic book?
I don’t really enjoy classics at all. Even though It’s not a classic, I feel like The Book Thief is the most amazing book that will become a classic one day.
14. In school was your best subject Language Arts/English?
Yes, I was terrible at math and all the technical one-answer subjects. I loved lit because there was such an open range for possibilities.
15. If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated…what would you do?
I would probably donate it and let someone else enjoy it.
16. What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or the Hunger Games?
I don’t enjoy comparing books to certain books because it causes the expectations to become higher and I don’t like doing that.
17. What is a bad habit you always do (besides rambling) while filming?
I’m so lazy while I’m filming that I’ll do half of the video, take a snack break, film more, and do another snack break. It’s really out of control.
18. What is your favorite word?
My favorite word is lovely. I don’t know why I’m so obsessed with this word, I just feel like It’s such a classy word for some reason.
19. Are you a nerd, dork, or dweeb? Or all of the above?
All of the above.
20. Vampires or Fairies? Why?
Definitely Fairies. I think fairies are so interesting and would love to learn more about them in books.
21. Shapeshifters or Angels? Why?
Angels. I am a proud christian and I really believe that angels with take me away when I die.
22. Spirits or Werewolves? Why?
Spirits. I heavily believe in ghosts and when a love one has passed, I do believe that their spirit is somewhat with you.
23. Zombies or Vampires?
Neither. They both really creep me out and make me a little uncomfortable.
24. Love Triangle or Forbidden Love?
Forbidden Love. I can’t stand love triangles and I always find them so bland and boring because it’s always so obvious who they are going to get together with. Although, I think forbidden love can be risque and fun and I really love seeing it because it’s more rare.
25. AND FINALLY: Full on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?
I definitely like action-packed with love scenes mixed in. Fantasy is one of my favorite genres and I love when romance is mixed in.