Check out the original tag here: hhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyospsYnjHk
(Please don’t be mad at me after this tag! Lol.)
1. NOPE. Ending: A book ending that made you go NOPE either in denial, rage, or simply because the ending was crappy.
The ending of Allegiant by Veronica Roth pissed me off so much! I felt that I wasted my time on that book and the ending really tainted my experience of the series.
2. NOPE. Protagonist: A main character you dislike and drives you crazy.
I did not like the main character from Caraval by Stephanie Garber at all. I felt that the character was so bland and had no personality at all and there was no substance to it.
3. NOPE. Series: A series that turned out to be one huge pile of NOPE. after you’ve invested all of that time and energy on it, or a series you gave up on because it wasn’t worth it anymore.
Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead. I really enjoyed the first book, but as the series went on I lost all interest in the plot, characters, and romance.
4. NOPE. Popular pairing: A “ship” you don’t support.
JEM AND TESSA. I’m probably going to get hate for this one, but I’m a hardcore Will and Tessa shipper and I just CAN’T deal with the “Jessa” ship. (please don’t hate me.)
5. NOPE. Plot twist: A plot twist you didn’t see coming or didn’t like.
The plot twist at the end of The Beach House by James Patterson was so shocking, and I didn’t see it coming!
6. NOPE. Protagonist action/decision: A character decision that made you shake your head NOPE.
Anything that Tris Prior did honestly. Lol.
7. NOPE. Genre: A genre you will never read.
For me personally, erotica is not for me. I have nothing against people who read it, but It’s just not my style.
8. NOPE. Book format: Book formatting you hate and avoid buying until it comes out in a different edition
I honestly don’t really care about covers/editions of books. I just love to read. I will read a book in any format. For me, It’s about the story inside.
9. NOPE. Trope: A trope that makes you go NOPE.
I hate the trope of the main (usually female) characters that is a virgin, has never been in love before, doesn’t party and is a total prude.
Honestly, this annoys me so much. It seems pretty close to shaming girls who DO party and are more experienced, when there is nothing wrong with that.
10. NOPE. Recommendation: A book recommendation that is constantly hyped and pushed at you that you simply refuse to read.
I READ ALL THE HYPED BOOKS!!!
11. NOPE. Cliche/pet peeve: A cliche or writing pet peeve that always makes you roll your eyes.
The overly done writing that is meant to be “poetic.” Sometimes authors and writers try way to hard to be relatable and poetic, when all I want is their authentic writing.
12. NOPE. Love interest: The love interest that’s not worthy of being one. A character you don’t think should have been a viable love interest.
Adam from the Shatter Me series. He was so annoying to me.
13. NOPE. Book: A book that shouldn’t have existed that made you say NOPE.
Truly Devious. I read this book because there was so much hype about it, and I was so disappointed and bored.
14. NOPE. Villain: A scary villain/antagonist you would hate to cross and would make you run in the opposite direction.
Queen Levana from The Lunar Chronicles. That women scares me!!
15. NOPE. Death: A character death that still haunts you.
This death is from the Harry Potter series!!!!
Fred’s death made me so sad that I pretty much balled my eyes out. The Harry Potter book that I read from literally still has tear stains on it. LOL!
16. NOPE. Author: An author you had a bad experience reading for and have decided to quit.
I can’t get into Sarah J. Maas’ books. I’m so sick of the all straight white characters that are exactly the same. I have completely stopped reading her books for many reasons, that one being the biggest.